It has become exceedingly more commonplace for employers to be sued by their employees over hiring, firing, promotion and discipline decisions. The Jurek Law Group is experienced in this area of law and not only aggressively defends its clients when they are sued, but also proactively advises and guides them through the maze of employment laws and regulations in order to help prevent lawsuits. Preparing employee handbooks, drafting employment agreements, protecting trade secrets, enforcing covenants not to compete and dealing with federal and state regulatory administrative agencies are all part of the services provided by our labor and employment practice group.
We provide highly skilled, cost-effective, and coordinated legal services to businesses with diverse and ever-evolving workforces.
Matters of Focus
- Administrative proceedings
- Alternative dispute resolution – Arbitration and mediation
- Compensation and benefits
- Discrimination, harassment, and retaliation
- Employment contracts
- Employment policies and procedures
- ERISA and pensions
- Hiring, discipline, and terminations
- Non-competes, trade secrets, and non-disclosure agreements
- Non-Subscribers actions
- Privacy, social media, and other workplace policies
- Wage and hour